Machine learning approaches to geophysical interpretation have recently shown success in automating the identification of structures in seismic data, which in turn can help reduce the time required for the interpretation life-cycle.
I have started to lead the research team in areas of image segmentation, feature extraction, pattern recognition in salt body detection, fault plane prediction and multi-facies classification. My experience also includes seismic processing, seismic modeling, inversion and migration. I have been granted 2 U.S. patents and over 5 U.S. pending patents. During my research in academia and industry, I have published over 20 peer-reviewed technical papers and gave presentations at different geophysical conferences. Please check out other pages for more detailed projects, publications and patents.
Below are my recent research and related papers. Some papers are still In Press and will be published soon:
Analysis of Seismic Attributes to Assist in the Classification of Salt by Multi-channel Convolutional Neural Networks, Jiang et al., 2020, [PDF]
Super Resolution of Fault Plane Prediction by a Generative Adversarial Network, Jiang and Norlund, 2020, [PDF]
Seismic Attribute-Guided Automatic Fault Prediction by Deep Learning, Jiang and Norlund, 2020, In press.
Seismic Elastic Wave Modeling with an Adaptive Staggered Grid in Tilted Transversely Isotropic Media, Fan Jiang, 2020, In press
Seismic Feature Extraction by Attribute-assisted Convolutional Neural Networks, Jiang et al., 2020, In press
Improve the Resolution of Fault Probability Map by Deep Learning Generative Adversarial Network, Jiang and Norlund, 2020, In press.
Under “Projects” page, you will find several projects I have lead and completed in recent years:
- Geophysical machine learning projects (will update later)
- multi-label salt body recognition and classification
- Automatic fault interpretation
- Super-resolution of the classified fault probability map
- Seismic data processing & imaging
- Adaptive grid for anisotropic wave modeling and inversion
- Hybrid implementation of wave-equation-migration and reverse time migration in anisotropic structure
- Microseismic modeling with moment tensor sources/simultaneous sources